Recipe Thursday!

Good morning! Here's something you might not know about me: I work for a local radio station in San Jose. Here's something else you might not know: On Thursday mornings at 7:30 you can hear me talk about a recipe. We call it "Foodapedia".

It started about 18 months ago, because I would always have an answer to any food/restaurant related question. So I was given the opportunity to share my knowledge with our listeners, and it's really begun to flourish. Incidentally, I also post the recipe to KRTY.com, and to my Foodapedia Facebook page. And now, with the creation of Flours & Diamonds, I'll be posting here, too!

But rest assured, there will be plenty of other recipes on other days of the week, too, not just Thursdays.


Spaghetti Cacio E Pepe (Spaghetti with Cheese and Pepper)

1 lb good  spaghetti - we only use De Cecco in my house, it's a long story...
4 tbsp butter
2-4 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese or pecorino romano

In a large pot, boil water to cook pasta. When water is at a rolling boil, add pasta. While pasta is cooking, melt butter over low-medium heat in a large skillet. Once butter is melted add pepper and saute slowly for a few minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit.

When pasta is tender, remove from water with tongs directly to skillet with butter and pepper. Add three ladle fulls of pasta water to the skillet. Turn the heat to medium and let it simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat, top with cheese, and mix with tongs.

Serve hot and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

62 Days of 30: Day 17/Day 32: If Variety Is The Spice Of Life...

Something Blue

You Need To Look Elsewhere...