Something Blue

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Second only to Christmas, and the 4th of July. But beyond everything else, it's Halloween. All October long, I get myself ready. Usually, I start scheming next year's costume around November 3. This year, though, I waited quite a while and didn't fully decide on my costume until the first part of September (though I had first considered it around March).

Apart from dressing up, I love decorating. Spider webs, black rose wreaths, tomb stones, hanging skeletons, giant spiders, purple lights. Ah! Here in California Halloween typically opens the door for colder weather, hearty soups, and my favorite grandma sweater. Hint: I love Autumn almost as much as I love summer.

Frank and I live in a small apartment, so I don't really get to decorate as much as I'd like, especially inside. Fortunately, my sister has a good-size house, so I get to offer her ideas and decorations for her annual party.

I wanted to take a minute to share with you my favorite, easy indoor Halloween decoration: cut out mice to place all over your baseboards and/or staircase.

I mean, how clever is this? Of course I found it during my brief obsession with Pinterest (I have to say I would still be obsessed if it had not been blocked on my office network). In any event, here's the link to the tutorial from Martha Stewart. While she says to cut out the template and trace them on black construction paper, my recommendation is to actually print on the black paper. I promise, it makes it so much easier.

So why is this post called something blue? Well, my favorite, sharpest sewing scissors are a pair of blue Fiskars that I bought when I was taking a 3D print making class in school. And they are the only scissors I reach for when I'm crafting like this.

Happy October, Happy Fall, and almost Happy Halloween! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

62 Days of 30: Day 17/Day 32: If Variety Is The Spice Of Life...

62 Days of 30: Day 4/5: I Suck at Life...