62 Days of 30: Day 8-ish: Stupid Excitement! Plus, Blessings...

So, I realized something. It is relatively unrealistic for me to post on the weekends. I have several reasons, most notably, the computer I use at home is a little old lady, and she doesn't really like to be used anymore. Additionally, I don't have a lot of time on the weekends. So Monday's will just be a wrap up. UNLESS I do something spectacular and can simply post a lovely picture from my phone. However, there was really nothing particularly spectacular about this weekend.

And now, on to Stupid Excitement!

When you continually tell yourself you "can't" have something, or that you're "choosing not to eat it", it gets a little old. There are a lot of things I miss while participating in the Whole30(62), the most glaring, however, are: butter, ranch dressing, peanut butter and mayonnaise.

Welp, it looks like I got stupid excited when I made my very own mayonnaise, and then took some of that and made my very own ranch dressing! All of which is compliant on the Whole30(62).

Here are the links for the Mayo and the Ranch Dressing (ranch dressing is part of the mayo, the recipe is toward the bottom).

And now, blessings...

After a rough start to the new year, I've been trying to feel more. More grateful, more love, more happiness. As a result, I've been feeling really blessed. And not in the sarcastic #blessed way, but in the really, truly, blessed, way.

So, after feeling all these blessings, I started thinking... Not everyone is as blesses as I am... So I've made it a priority for the rest of month to gather donations to make Blessing Bags! Each $20 donation makes a bag full of necessary toiletries for a woman in need. I will then divide the filler bags between InnVision Shelter for Women and Children and Sacred Heart Community Service Center.

I will admit, I have a rather lofty goal... I'd like to get enough donations to make 50 bags. Please feel free to email me or comment below and pledge to donate. I will be ordering the bags on February 28th. You'll be able to mail me your pledge in the form of a check, or send the funds using PayPal. Either way, I hope you'll join me in this endeavor :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

62 Days of 30: Day 17/Day 32: If Variety Is The Spice Of Life...

Something Blue

You Need To Look Elsewhere...